Thursday 15 December 2011

December Golf (con't)


Well I am pretty sure that is it for golf this year!  Played a round at Granite Springs on Tuesday, 13 December, with Mel Thornhill.  The weather now does not look good for the remaining days that Granite Springs will be opened.  From what I understand they have now closed their back nine and indicated that they will not be open past the 18th of this month.

It has been a mixed bag this year for me as far as golf is concerned.   The weather at the begining of this golfing season was terrible.  In fact the conditions durning my game on Tuesday was far better than most days I played last May and June.  July and August were typically good days for golf and I played often.  By the time we were off to Brunei at the end of August I had more than 80 games under my belt.

I did manage to play about once a week in Brunei and get in a few more games once we were back in Nova Scotia but over all, there was a lot less golf for me this year than in previous years.  One thing I do note is that having played that 1 game on January 1st this year, I played in all but 2 months (February & March) of 2011. That's kinda neat.  Now, I guess I just will start counting the days for Hartlen Point to open its gates for the 2012 season.  Let me see . . . if they open on 21 April thats 127 days.

PS . . . Yes . . . I do know how pathetic that last thought is. 

No comments: