Thursday 22 February 2018



My wife, Cathie, likes to travel and is always checking opportunities for us to visit places near and far.  It is really easy for me - she comes up with ideas which are usually all great and if I am in agreement, she does the research and organizes everything.  No wonder I have such a good life.  Last March we flew off to Brunei again for a five-week stay to be with our daughter Sara and her husband Anth (that's what we say but really it is to see our grandkids, Alex and Isla).  In April we flew to Toronto to attend a memorial for my brother Jim.  It was on the 28th of April on what would have been his and was my 70th birthday.  Then last fall Cathie organized short (2/3 day) trips for us to Cape Breton and Kejimkujik National Park and, for Christmas, a stay at the Quarterdeck Resort just south of Liverpool. Here is a video of our Keji visit.

Keji Visit

In early December last year, we also took a short bus tour down to Boston the highlight of which was an evening with The Boston Pops.  As one who is not all that fussy about attending live events, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed that concert.

So this March we are off to Phoenix Arizona for the start of an 11-day bus tour of Canyons and National Parks of the south-west and end up in Las Vegas Nevada from where we fly back to Canada.

.

No comments: