Thursday 16 August 2012

A New Camera

.
I have recently purchased a new camera - a Samsung WB850F.  So far, I am totally impressed with all that it can do.

My old camara, a Fujifilm  FinePix E550 purchased in 2005, is still working and has been an excellent tool in those seven years capturing quality images from all of my travels.  But it is a little tired now and there is so much more available now in a point-and-shoot camera on the market today.  What I was looking for was a compact (pocketable), high resolution camera with a lens having both a wide angle and zoom capability.   I think the term that is common for such a beast is "travel zoom".  There were a number of cameras to choose from all the big digital camera manufactures and some of them got excellent reviews from the experts.  After all my research what tilted me in favour of the Samsung was the wide angle aspect of the lens (equivilant to 23mm focal lenght of a 35mm camera) and the sale price at Future Shop ($299 with a case and memory card added - that was $200 less than my old camera in 2005).

Now that I have been using it there are some other things that I am very happy with.  These include:

- 21X zoom (the old Fujifilm had a 5X zoom)
- optical image stablization
- a panorama sweep capability
- HDR image capability
- GPS tagging
- WIFI (upload to email or social network sites directly from camera)
- an excellent 3 in AMOLED display
- HD movies (up to 1920x1080 px at 30 fps)

So, here are some of the images I have captured with this baby.  The NS Senior Golf Tournament was played on our course at Hartlen Point this year so I went out to take a few pictures of the play last week.  Here are the best of them:

NSGA Seniors Tournament 2012

.

No comments: